Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Sep 19 09 6:29 PM

The Army Painter Strong Tone is rather expensive, however I think it's worth it, simply due to it's formula.  No annoying bubbles or excessive runs and hanging drops, like will sometimes occur with other "dipping" formulas.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Sep 20 09 2:57 AM

Hmm I looked at the cost realised that my FLGS only had the weal tone and decided to try dark brown ink instead......We'll see though.....

"True but when you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall from Freefall freefall.purrsia.com/default.htm

Quote    Reply   

gwedd

superstar

#43 [url]

Sep 20 09 5:29 AM

FWIW,

MinWax makes an acrylic woodstain. I bought a small can of it a couple months ago and have had excellent results with it. The nice thing is that it thins and cleans up with water rather than mineral spirits or turpentine, so no more issues with fumes or flammability..  wink

Respects,

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Sep 23 09 4:49 PM

FWIW,
  MinWax makes an acrylic woodstain. I bought a small can of it a couple months ago and have had excellent results with it. The nice thing is that it thins and cleans up with water rather than mineral spirits or turpentine, so no more issues with fumes or flammability..  [image]
   Respects,

-gwedd

What he said.....PLUS...one of my fellow old farts has done the same. I have seen the results of the dipping. Very nice! I do plan to try it myself in the very near future.

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Oct 12 09 3:41 PM

I really like this model.[image]Now all we need is the near future weapons sprue and we will be cooking with fire.

-adamsouza

This is the single best argument for any sprue yet proposed!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#53 [url]

Nov 1 09 4:20 AM

As people have been so complementary about my earlier work heres the first squad
Tactical Squad 1

Oh and if your interested in more I'm doing a blog on the army at Dakka-Dakka. http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/252579.page

"True but when you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall from Freefall freefall.purrsia.com/default.htm

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Nov 7 09 7:02 PM

I want to apologise for the poor photography. Its my Archiles heel. Recipe is assemble/ clean flash, and do the small customizations. In a group like this (the same mini!) you have to move a few parts. It has to be anotomically correct and believable. Note in the last picture one of the zeds has a bent left arm. It is the small conversions that gives a similar group of minis diferences. Add a little kit bash. German heads to further add to the individual minis unique flavor. Prime with Chaos Black Spray and paint. For the lab coats I based with Citidel foundation Astronomicon Grey. Then highlighted with Vallejo Stonewall Grey.Only the shirt collar and the highlights on the shirt were painted with citadels Skull White.  So most of these "Clinical White Lab coats" are rather filthy. The skin was base coated with citadels Rotten Flesh after washing was highlighted with Rotten Flesh/Stonewall Grey. Most of the hair for Dr Bannons group is a simple basecoat from citadel browns through greys, and keeping with  the filthy theme every head was overbrushed with  Stonewall Grey. Dr Quests hair was basecoated  with Adeptus Battlegrey with lines of Macharius Solar Orange that followed the hairflow, and highlighted with blazing Orange. The entire project was washed with Citadel Delvan Mud/Thrakka green/and a little Ogryn Flesh. No special attention was given to the skin as far as washes go. Everything was hit with the monster mix. The only thing I do not like is the blood. I usually use a tried and true 50/50 mix of citadels Red Ink and Gore Red. I deviated and it is not up to standard.

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Dec 12 09 6:31 AM

The paints are all Citadel. I use a simple layering technique. First coat the skin with dark flesh. On  the high points, or anywhere muscles or bony prominences are protruding I mix a little dark flesh with dwarf flesh ( pink ruddy) applying to the high points. on the foreheads, tips of noses, and cheeks I hit just the very highest points with Elf flesh. Wash the skin with citadels Ogryne flesh.  The key to this technique is letting the first applications show in the deep recesses, and continue to build up.  For this group of models I wanted the skin to appear filthy. These boys are straight out of the swamp. The sheild's are a single coat of Citadels Foundatin Mechrite red. I can not emphasize how hard it is to get red to cover black primer. This is the only product that works for that application that I have found.   So if you right click the photo it will open up on your screen. I shot the photo at about 3 feet. As these mini's are part of a group of 3000, they will surely be lost in the mix!

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Dec 15 09 8:14 AM

The Gw stuff is a little commision work. The Horses are Perry brothers for my personal collection, And there are a few]hots of the Germans for Huzzah!

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help