Remove this ad

macasm

superstar

#21 [url]

Nov 29 12 2:41 PM

Should one be not pleased with repeated poses, just go all Frankenstein on them and create new poses.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jack

fanatic

#22 [url]

Nov 30 12 1:03 AM

Potter

Im with you, I dont have a 'single', not one box of WSS.. mostly because No One here in the US, (that I know) games the WSS. I blame that damned little French Corporal!  He had better press agents. LOL
But man, I cant count the number of times that I have tried to think of reasons to 'excuse' me buying even a few boxes of the Infantry.. granted they would not be the only miniatures I have built only to wind up "just sitting in boxes", but I have a Real chance at playing some African themed wargames.. so Im 'mostly' concentrating on the Zulus and Brits.
But.. yes he has "another but'..   I would SO love to build if nothing more than my own Imagi-nation forces. So Potter.. I feel your pain my friend.

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Nov 30 12 3:43 AM

Jack, 

I have 4 boxes of infantry, 2 of cavalry and 4 of artillery. I plan on getting more. What rules would you be interested in using? 

Frank Frey aka Markgraf von Ahrenheim

Quote    Reply   

bryon31

superstar

#24 [url]

Nov 30 12 6:51 AM

Potter
Im with you, I dont have a 'single', not one box of WSS.. mostly because No One here in the US, (that I know) games the WSS. I blame that damned little French Corporal!  He had better press agents. LOL

-jack

Jack, no one i know in the US has even heard of the WSS.  Forget the little Corsican, the historical gamers I know only know two colors; blue & grey. 

But man, I cant count the number of times that I have tried to think of reasons to 'excuse' me buying even a few boxes of the Infantry.. granted they would not be the only miniatures I have built only to wind up "just sitting in boxes

-jack

I've been thinking of making a large Risk Board and ussing the WSS models to represent the different troops.  And painting them in the classic Risk army colors would be fun.  No matter how many games I try, I still love the classics. 

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#25 [url]

Nov 30 12 4:40 PM

*Frankfey
Frank, Im assuming your refering to the WSS here. On that premise and having never played any, I'd be open to trying any of them. BLB (Beneath the Lily Banners) for those who like myself are still learning of the WSS, Pike and Shote or any of the other systems that many gamers have mentioned here.
On that note, out of curiousity, some time back, I started my own thread "Whats your favorite rules?" on this same Category: Horse & Musket: War of the Spanish Succession.
As I was / am eager to learn more of gaming this war and period. I must admit here, I have been thinking even earlier periods might be fun, i.e. ECW, as I find massed ranks of pikes both intimidating and they look great on the game table.
Sadly, IMO, their 'stuck' here on the traditional "Nap" wars when it comes to the late 17 or early 1800's.

*Bryon31
At our local hobby shop we have a near "devout" group of "Johnny Reb" players, like many fellow gamers, meet on a set routine, i.e. every 1st or 2nd etc wkend of the month to play. I admire that kind of consistency.

Your own 28mm "Risk" game, I love that idea. It reminds me of a 'home made" game I saw several years ago. A fellow had used 25mm's and had done his own version of a 'Memoirs'44' style game, but of the ACW period. The units were '3' figures each, one could be removed to account for causalties, then put back on the board when 'that' unit was reduced to a strength of only '1'. He did the same for Cav and Art. It was really a visual treat.
OH, and just FYI everyone, the 'game board', if I remember was either lite wt. indoor / outdoor carpeting or very heavy cloth that he had drawn a 3 - 4" hex grid upon.

Now.. as for that "little Corsican..."   
I'd say we take him down a peg, but God already beat me to that. LOL  devil 

"You see old friend, I brought more soldiers than you did." 'King Leonidas - 300'

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#26 [url]

Dec 11 12 3:56 AM

everyone,

Please check your WSS artillery box for bases for the infantry and cav. officers. My bases were in a separate bag and 'stuck' inside the box at the opposite end when I opened my box. I almost missed finding them.
WF has been providing bases on all new product, but with the artillery, the bases are not on the sprue they are in a separate bag inside the box.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

jack

fanatic

#28 [url]

Dec 13 12 12:27 AM

Thanks for the advice Gamespoet, I will take it into consideration.

Ironically, I like the look of the WSS mini's so much, my only "oh darn' thought about the Maurice system, from what I have read about it searching online, is the game is based on '2 stands of 6 men each" = a Regt, each stand representing 'A' Battlaion. (if I understood the info correctly).

In other words..  "Oh darn.. I dont get to play with as many mini's!"  LOL

Other systems I have seen use "4 stands of 6, 24 mini per battalion". So 2 boxes would give me the 72 figs I'd need to construct the 3 Battalions / One Regt.  of my Imagi-nation forces.

It seems that practically "all" of the rule systems of this game period, base measurements on the BW (base wideth) of the miniatures. I like that idea, pretty straight forward and simple.

I thank you again for taking the time to help me out.
I think I shall refer to the "Whats your favorite Rules System" thread and re-read some of the comments and suggestions left there.

The biggest hold up for me howerever, are finance and players.. but not in that order.

Once again Lefora is playing.. "Randomize the Font at will" how nice.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Dec 13 12 4:47 AM

Maurice is 4 stands of how ever many you can cram on..I am currently  rebasing  six to a 50 x 50mm base .2 cavalry.. units of 24 foot, you need around 9+ so it is a lot of figures

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Dec 13 12 8:03 PM

I am wargamer first. I "need" more cannons. I do not mind tweaking minies so they "look" "okay" for crew. So the cannons fit the feel of correct pieces,

TWO cannons AND crews. Plus accessories and mounted officers. ALL that for under $20 a box(plus shipping).

I'LL TAKE IT!

Warlord Games has Black Powder rules AND Pike and Shotte rules. We are using the Pike and Shotte rules NOW.

I will use my three boxes of WSS infantry (as they are ready). I will do the same with the cavalry. I will be getting some boxes of the cannons too.

Those infantry boxes can make 10-12 (or less) pikes. There are floppy hats to use instead of tri-corner hats. Those marching with fixed bayonet, men of the line can stand-in for plug bayonets. OR cut off the bayonets.

I have a TIGHT budget for my getting more minies. So do my opponents. We like/want/need 25-28mm minies (easier to see them)

I am therefore I think....OR....I think therefore I am...OR...I think I am therefore I am!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help